Auckland Council are inviting creatives of Pacific heritage to submit ideasÂ asÂ part of a new Pacific arts programme to be launched in 2018.
The kaupapa of the programme is to showcase urban Pacific expression and creativity from TÄmaki Makaurau – and to share it with the world.
Intended Outcomes Of The Project:
– Create a platform to showcase work by Pacific artists and producers.
– Contribute to creating a flourishing and sustainable Pacific arts ecology.
– Encourage inter-generational and cross-art form collaboration to build capability and enable experimentation among Pacific producers.
– Create dialogue within the sector and between audiences and artists.
– Be driven by Pacific values.
Weâ€™re looking to feature a range of projects across the Auckland region. We welcome bold, new ideas from practitioners and organisations across all creative genres.
WhatÂ They’reÂ Looking For:
– A single â€˜big ideaâ€™ or concept, that will have a high impact on audiences and communities, including youth.
– Takes place in public space.
– Is highly engaging for audiences in real time and online.
– Represents and/or reflects TÄmaki Makaurau.
– Is created and produced by creatives of Pacific heritage.
– Is original new work and not happening anywhere else.
If you would like to submit your idea, please complete the submission form, which you can downloadÂ hereÂ and email it to Reina Sutton, Arts & Culture ProgrammerÂ email@example.comÂ
Application Deadlines: Monday 26 February 2018.